Hello everyone and welcome back to my block,
After all the bad news we are getting from Beirut in addition to the Covid 19 pandemic restrictions, this summer is by far the worst for me. Today, I decided to prepare a birthday cake for my brother to change our mood a little bit since we are all glued to our phones and screens waiting for good news regarding our beloved country Lebanon.
I will be sharing with you my Healthy Summer Cake Recipe, hope you will try It and share your feedback with me.
1/8 tsp cardamom
1 cup pistachios, plus extra chopped pistachios to serve
1 banana mashed
1 cup almond meal
1/2 cup fine semolina
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup Honey, softened
1/3 cup Coconut oil soften
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
1 cup coconut creme
1/3 coconut flakes
4 eggs, lightly beaten
Finely grated zest of 1 lemon, plus 1 tbs lemon juice
2 tbs rosewater
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
200g Greek yoghurt
200g creme fraiche
2 tbs icing sugar, sifted
1 tbs rosewater
Preheat oven to 180°C.
1. To make the cake, place pistachios in a food processor and whiz until pistachios are chopped. Transfer pistachio to a bowl and add almond meal, semolina,cardamom, baking powder, coconut flakes and 1/4 tsp fine salt. Stir to combine.
2. Place oil, Greek yogurt, coconut creme and honey in a stand mixer and beat until well combined. With the mixer on, slowly add egg, beating well. Fold through the pistachio mixture, banana, then add lemon zest, juice, rosewater and vanilla until just combined. Spread the mix into prepared pan (today I am using to small pans to create a double layered cake) and use a palette knife to smooth the surface. Bake for 30 min or until a skewer inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean but a little oily.
3. Meanwhile, for the rosewater cream, place all ingredients in a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment and whisk to medium peaks. Cover and chill until needed.
4. Optional: (I didn’t use in this recipe).
If you like to add an extra pinch of sweetness you can add a sweet syrup
100ml lemon juice
1/3 cup (80ml) rosewater
1/2 cup ice sugar
To make the syrup , in the final 10 minutes of cake cooking, place all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil. Remove from heat. As soon as the cake comes out of the oven, drizzle with hot syrup (it looks like a lot of syrup; the hot cake will absorb it).
5. Sprinkle with extra pistachios and set cake aside in the pan to cool to room temperature.
6. Remove cake from the pan and scatter with roses and decoration and rosewater cream.
I was thinking what should I name the carrot cake, is it winter cake, or summer cake or fall cake, actually it is a year-round cake because carrots are pretty much always in season.
This healthy carrot cake recipe is very easy, fast and healthy. I tried different versions, substituted a number of ingredients until I got this one, and Im telling you with confidence that it is the BEST CARROT CAKE EVER.
2 cups of flour
2 cups shredded carrots
1 cup of crushed walnuts
2 tbs cinnamon
1 tbs vanilla extract
1/3 cup of coconut oil
1/2 cup of honey
1 cup of greek yogurt
1 cup coconut milk
2 big spoons of coconut creme
2 tbs baking soda
3 tbs baking powder
1/2 tbs salt
1 cup coconut flakes
Greek yogurt Icing:
1/2 cup of greek yogurt
1/2 cup of heavy creme
3 tbsp of mascarpone cheese
1/2 cup of coconut sugar
1 tbs vanilla extract
Coconut flakes for garnishing
Preheat oven 180 degree celsius.
In a large bowl, whisk the eggs for 10 seconds, then add yogurt, coconut milk, coconut creme, vanilla extract, honey whisk well and put aside.
In another bowl, mix the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt whisk well and set aside.
Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, until well combined
Add carrots, walnuts and coconut flakes whisk until combined, don’t over whisk.
Pour into a baking dish that you already sprayed with coconut oil.
Let it rest for 10 min than put in oven for 30 min
Prepare the Icing: in a bowl, mix the yogurt, heavy creme, mascarpone cheese, sugar and vanilla extract together.
If you are doing one big cake, transfer the icing on top of the cake a spread with spatula and garnish with coconut flakes or eatable flowers. If you are doing smaller portions like I did today, I used the muffins baking try, you can add the icing on each piece before serving.
Tip: If your yogurt is less than 10% fat, put the yogurt in a coffee filter or paper sheet on top of the bowl for 4 hours in the fridge until it stains.
Let me know if you try it would love to know your comment