I always like to have a cup of tea with a slice of healthy cake in the afternoon, enjoying the garden if the weather is good. So I twisted the Banana Nut Cake to healthier version so I will have no guilt while indulging my tea time.
3 tbs cinnamon
1 tbs vanilla extract
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup honey
2 or 3 banana smashed
1 cup of almond and nuts
1 tbs of baking powder
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup coconut powder
Preheat oven to 160°C.
1. To make the cake, prepare first the dry mix.
Place flour, coconut powder, baking powder and 1/4 tsp fine salt in a small container. Stir to combine.
2. In a bigger bowl, put honey and coconut oil and whisk well.
3. Add the eggs, one at a time and stir to combine.
4. Add the milk, vanilla, cinnamon, whisk until well blended.
5. Add the dry mix to it and stir it.
6. Add Almond and combine on low speed
7. Add Banana and whisk on low speed
8. Spread batter into prepared pan and use a palette knife to smooth the surface. Bake for 30 min or until a skewer inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean but a little oily.
what is your favorite afternoon rituals, Try this cake with your coffee or tea and let me know your thoughts.